Unique propulsion concept
The propulsion concept for maximum tactical mobility, comparable to a Leopard 2 main battle tank, while at the same time reducing noise and vibration levels for a noticeable reduction in crew stress is achieved through the combination of various innovative solutions:
- A powerful compact powerpack delivering 800 kW guarantees maximum performance with minimum structural volume and weight.
- A wheel decoupled running gear significantly reduces noise levels and vibrations.
- The use of hydropneumatic elements with hydraulic bump stops at each roadwheel station guarantee maximum mobility with minimum installation volume.
- Powerful 10-cylinder engine delivering 800 kW at 4250 rpm
- Newly developed power shift, reversing and steering transmission (HSWL)
- Starter-generator with 170 kW
- Integrated front-mounted cooling system
- Exhaust system with airflow-cooled exhaust duct
Decoupled running gear:
- Running gear carriers, left and right, to mount the suspension components
- Isolation by damping elements between running gear carriers and hull
- Fuel tanks integrated in running gear carriers
- Hydropneumatic suspension
- Hydraulic bump stops at all roadwheel stations
- Weight-optimized 500 mm wide steel track
- 450 mm ground clearance in all weight categories